Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Seed Mood Board



For this project I would really like to make my seed packets look vintage. I'm planning on naming the company after my grandmother who loves to garden. I will be attempting to make my packets look vintage by using lightly colored paper with some texture, and adding small details such as 5 cents showing the old price of these seeds. The typography I will be choosing will be cursive simply because I want the packets to look old, as though a grandmother actually wrote the words. The packets will have a different flower on each and a border of ivy vines. I am hoping to improve my shading skills by selecting certain flowers that have completely different shading. Another small detail I would like to include is a small silhouette of a hummingbird next to my company name. I would like to include this small hummingbird on the inside flap of my envelope for the seed packets as well. As for the back of the envelope, my instructions will be basic as to how to plant and grow the seeds. I would also like to include a small biography of my grandmother and why these seeds are so important.

No comments:

Post a Comment